View Single Post
Old 2020-10-03, 21:16   #1
carpetpool

"Sam"
Nov 2016

2·163 Posts
Post LLR Affinity Problem

I know there's a way to run different LLR instances and have them assigned to different designated CPU, making it run significantly faster than if only one instance were used.

I am using a 4 core, 8 thread CPU. In the attachment I sent, one instance of LLR is running with only one thread, and time per bit is 0.576 ms. The CPU affinity is set to 0.

After terminating the program, I copy the LLR exectuable to another directory and run a test on a number of similar size to the first run (one thread). The CPU affinity is set to 1.

I check on the first run, when I notice a time increase of 1.172 ms. almost twice as running one one LLR application! No speedup whatsoever.

My goal is to run 4 instances of LLR with similar time sufficiency as only running one instance of LLR single threaded (4 instances each running with close to 0.576 ms. per bit, so that testing is 4x faster). Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

I am aware that running a single instance with 8 threads is less productive than running 4 single threaded instances and for some reason I never figured out how to achieve the latter.

Thanks for help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LLR_GUI_affinity.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	23469  
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote