USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
ip traceroute shows that www.noprimeleftbehind.net is pointing to 74.62.165.120

that's wrong

it should be pointing to 173.197.48.155

Gary / Max will need to update the IP in the easyDNS manager
Hmm...looks like Gary got a new dynamic IP address. We never did get the static IP thing set up--for some reason it never worked very well with his router, so we just left it on dynamic, which essentially never changed once he was on the business class service and its separate IP pool. However, it seems to have finally decided to change now, for reasons only the ISP knows. Hopefully this one will last a good long time like the last did...

To resolve the problem, I need to log into the control panel at EasyDNS (the domain registrar) and change the DNS record to point to the new IP. That done, the problem should be cleared up within an hour or so. However, I cannot for the life of me find Gary's EasyDNS password in my email archives; I could have sworn that he'd sent it to me at some point, but at any rate it's not there. Gary, could you send that to me as soon as you get the chance? Thanks.

Meanwhile, for all others: we should be able to get everything working again at the usual noprimeleftbehind.net sometime later today, but in the meantime, you can point your clients to nplb-gb1.no-ip.org (the old server address, which has continued to work all along and, because it's a dynamic instead of static DNS record, still works despite noprimeleftbehind.net being out of commission).

@Chris: IIRC, you had the IP address hardcoded into the PRPnet clients on your new i7 because it wasn't working with the regular domain name. (Or it could have been LLRnet clients...my memory fails me. ) If you're still doing that, you'll need to change it to the new IP, 173.197.48.155, to get your clients back online. My apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote