View Single Post
Old 2004-06-26, 00:44   #8
Fusion_power

Aug 2003
Snicker, AL

23·3·52 Posts

I am neither defending nor condoning Bush's record. I do disagree with misinformation and there's lots of that in your post. Here are a few to think about.

"* I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market."

Sorry, but this one is very misleading. The economic bubble collapsing should be laid at Bill Clinton and his congress' feet. This was extensively written about and predicted well before Bush's election. In simple terms, what goes up must come down. The bubble had to collapse from its own weight. No president could have prevented it. Thats why I pulled $450,000.00 out of the stock market in 2000 and 2001. I was very glad I did so a couple of years later. I would also place several more of your points re the economy at Clinton's feet more appropriately than at Bush's.

"* I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history."

I have absolutely no problem with appointing a person who has been convicted of a crime to a position of responsibility given that the person is the right one for the job. (Have you ever had a traffic ticket? Should we consider you a convicted criminal?) From first hand experience I can tell you that many "convicted criminals" are more likely to be honest and law abiding citizens than lots of "ordinary" citizens. They have a LOT more to lose and many memories of what its like to lose their freedom. I don't say this lightly. One of the best people I know, most reliable, most effective at getting a job done was convicted of a drug offense as a teenager. He's a dramatically different man now. Even though I know his history, I never mention it or even consider it in terms of his ability. He is a very talented man who had to learn a lesson the hard way.

You also posted several points that are relevant and should be considered by voters.

Fusion
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote