View Single Post
Old 2021-05-18, 07:58   #24
bur

Aug 2020
79*6581e-4;3*2539e-3

1A316 Posts

Thanks for the explanations, slowly I start to get more about what is going on. Interesting, that fundmental things like poly selection or q-range are so little understood that it makes an experimental attempt useful. From the little I could get from math papers, especially poly selection could probably be vastly optimized if we knew more about it.

Quote:
If you are interested in seeing the effect of the extra relations, zcat all your 220M relations out to a single file, and run msieve's filtering on the file to see what size matrix comes out. Then, restrict the number of relations msieve uses (via a filtering flag, see the -h option list for msieve) to 215, 210, 205 and let us know what size matrices pop out. I suggest a TD of 100 or so for msieve, but you might enjoy trying 100/110/120 on the full dataset to see how target_density affects matrix size.
So to just see the effect of fewer relations I'll set TD = 100?

And just to make 100% sure: more relations = faster matrix generation & higher matrix density = smaller matrix size = shorter LA times (not the newspaper, harhar)?
bur is offline   Reply With Quote