View Single Post
Old 2010-03-29, 22:26   #51
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×3×19×89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
I have just confirmed that this works. All exactly as you said, except that you left out doing "do -c", and another minor thing (detailed after the next quote). As the .bat is unchanged, I must conclude there was something wrong with one or more of:
my client files/folder (which may very well be, as I started it with the files of the do.pl and then added do.bat and the files along with it),
the server I'd been connecting to (seems unlikely)
the connection between my client and the server (seems unlikely, unless anything about the way do.bat communicates doesn't work with the LLRnet server G6000)

I'm currently using the test folder (the one I set up to run your test, which I know to be in working order) to run a number from G6000, so I can use do -c to return it and make sure it all works. Assuming it does, that means that whatever the problem was was probably mainly my fault (due to the aforementioned mix-and-match).

I only called simplify.bat once, (after the server shut down, if that matters) but joblist.txt was immediately empty. I hope this isn't too big of a problem.

Tim,

To put it all in a nutshell:

You suspect that problem #1 in the "problem log" were as a result of possibly having some Windows do.pl files in your Windows DOS client? Is that correct?

I wasn't quite clear. Is there still a problem with do -c?

If you can confirm that everything is working correctly with the Windows DOS client after you ran it clean without the Windows do.pl client files in the same folder, I'll update the problem log post to show it as a "non issue".

On the Windows side, that still leaves open problems #2 and #3.

Karsten,

I wasn't clear with your test. Were you able to simulate Carlos's internet connection outage for the problem in #2 and that it worked correctly?

I see that you are waiting to get some output from Carlos on the OC'd issue #3. I wasn't clear if it is related to a specific problem with LLR (CLLR?) that the clients need to be able to handle -or- if LLR (or CLLR) needs to be fixed. Can you clarify that?

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2010-03-29 at 22:32
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote