View Single Post
Old 2020-05-17, 09:09   #3
JeppeSN's Avatar
Jan 2016

100110112 Posts

In most cases, just correct the wrong data, and write in the Extensions section what you did. E.g. write "Wrong entries a(10)-a(20) corrected and additional entries added by" and your name will be added after "by".

If the wrong sequence has had a long life, and may have been referred from many other places, maybe it is worth keeping it even if it is wrong. In that case, create a new sequence Ayyyyyy with the correct data. Rename the original entry to "Erroneous version of Ayyyyyy" and give it the "dead" keyword.

In any case, like matzetoni says, your changes will be reviewed before they are officially published, so if someone disagrees about your fix, they will write about that in the pink Discussion comments seen with the draft edits. So if you have doubts, be sure to check for Discussion after a while.

JeppeSN is offline   Reply With Quote