View Single Post
Old 2018-03-12, 16:56   #250
gophne

Feb 2017

3×5×11 Posts
Question Twin Prime Conjecture

I am by now probably known for my exorbitant claims, but never-the-less I would like still to have a crack at offering a "proof" for the twin prime conjecture shortly, in a month or two for te most. I am not sure if posting in the

"mersenneforum.org>Extra Stuff>Bloggorrhea>gophne>"New" primality test/check"

would be the right forum to do so (although I believe it would be). Not sure if I would get enough respect for my attempt or that it would be rejected out of hand due to the audacity of trying.

I have stated from the first time that I joined the mersenne forum to air my "discovery" of the sum of consecutive prime "sums" generates very "smooth" curves which lends itself to being "predictive" probably to more or less than of the trivial formula for the gap between primes of log N

I had to disengage with my tail between my legs as the super mods on the Site felt that I made unsubstantiated claims w.r.t the accuracy of this graphic algorithm.

At the time I stated that I wanted to work on new "primality" algorithms while yelping off.

I did not make many friends as well with my "reverse algorithm" of the mersenne numbers being divisible by the mersenne index -2 relationship, which was shown to be a variation/copy of Fermat's Little theorem, including the false positives!

I have also offered a "primality" algorithm which revolves around doubling of an odd number to be tested for primality . If no odd number smaller than the number being tested shares a common factor with the "sum of the that odd number with double the number being tested", then the number being tested is a prime number. This "algorithm" has been highligthed as a "variation" of "trial division", but more cumbersome in computer calculation time!

So needless to say that besides the attempted proof of the "Twin prime conjecture", I am also working on an alternative primality check to the Lucas-Lehmer, which is showing great promise- I am working on the complexity of the algorithm at very large values in the ranges of the higher mersenne primes. The algorithm is a sieve/formulaic hybrid which I am hoping to air on this forum as well at some point, if I am not debarred from the Site before that as a Swengali!

This algorithm has proven to be true for the lower mersenne numbers primes (my assertion only), so is most likely, or shall I be bold and say "definitely", true for the higher mersenne numbers as well, I am just not sure of the complexity of the algorithm in terms of computational time required at the top levels/magnitude of the known mersenne primes.

I however beg for indulgence, as this is a "blogorrhea" thread after all, so therein only lies my dilemma about posting such on this Site/Tread. This I will attempt without fear of ridicule, but with a danger that I will be declared a lunatic of the highest order.

So shall my journey begin in due course.

Last fiddled with by gophne on 2018-03-12 at 17:02 Reason: Spelling errors
gophne is offline   Reply With Quote