mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
I agree with Flatlander.

Gary & Max, it is really hard to find the most up-to-date version of the NPLB application software. Searching through this thread one finds the "old" GUI version (that still seems to work OK but is apparently not the fastest version). Also there is the fast version but this is confusing as the version with a higher version number is for Linux and a 0.01 lower version is for Windows 32-bit. More than two dozen of my computers are 64-bit and on first inspection it seems as if there is no NPLB software for Windows 64-bit operating systems. (With insider knowledge we know that the NPLB software is 32-bit and is capable of running under 64-bit Windows, and that there is no speed increase when running 64-bits but to the noobie they wouldn't know all this).

We need a clear link to the software and to instructions for how to run it on multi-core CPUs.
Indeed...I knew the first post of this thread hadn't been updated in a while but looking at it just now I see it was last edited in July 2009(!)--well before the latest LLRnet clients came out, not to mention PRPnet.

I've been meaning to overhaul the "getting started" instructions here for a while...we have pretty decent instructions for PRPnet but not for the newest LLRnet. I wrote some how-to's for the latest clients over in the TPS project subforum when I helped them set up some LLRnet and PRPnet servers a few months back; with slight modifications, those would work quite well for NPLB.

I'm adding that to my to-do list right now. (Thanks for the heads-up!)
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote