View Single Post
Old 2010-04-17, 04:52   #8
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×5×673 Posts
Default

Why are we making this so extremely difficult? I have now stepped in and recommended that we dispense with this entire reloading of every result that we have into the DB.

The intent was that this be a manual results import not an all results import, which would take months.

If some stuff got overwritten, that is very bad news and shows that we did not properly analyze the situation ahead of time. If that is what happened, is there a way that we can restore them?

There should be very few "unknown" results. Perhaps no more than 50-100 on the entire project. For manual results, we should know who did all of them and it's just a matter of looking it up in the 1st post of each drive. The only ones that should end up entered in the DB as "unknown" are where the server might have somehow missed 1-2 of them and either Max, Karsten, or I ran the pairs manually and put them in our file that we keep so that they matched up with original sieve file.

Max, all results for the entire 5th thru 10th drives and mini-drive are now on Jeepford. Please analyze which ones of them were done manually, associate who did them and when they were done, and load only those into the DB. For each drive, the manual loading should go fairly quickly. Since this project started the 5th drive, 95-98% of all results have been done by the servers. The lion's share of the manual stats import is coming from the 1st thru 3rd drives but even those were largely done by servers.

Going forward, the only drives that should take a little while to load into the DB are the fully manual ones; that is the individual-k and mini drive. Everything else after the 3rd drive should go very fast.

In the future, before loading any manual pairs into the DB, I want to review what is being loaded.


Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2010-04-17 at 05:12
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote