mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
Help request:

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 running at stock 1.86GHz. It has 2GB DDR2 RAM. OS is Windows XP Pro SP3. Its been running stably for ages, couple of years at 24/7. It is running a network version of AVG plus the netDIMES project and BOINC FreeHAL@Home.

When I run NPLB from two separate folders (sub-directories) off the C:\ drive the two instances run OK. However, the GUI won't open on the second instance, only on the first (I think that's the right order). I have added the extra port and now see both instances crunching on the GUIport 6999 and GUIport 6998.

How do I get the GUI to display regardless of which Systemtray icon I right click on and select 'New GUI window'?
I'm not sure if it's possible to make one LLRnet client point to another's GUI. Maybe modifying the second client's gui.bat to cd to the first client's directory before launching the GUI would work? (I don't know if the client actually utilizes the gui.bat for the "New GUI Window" button, or has the link hardcoded, so this may or may not work.)
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote