Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

102538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I would make it singular though. The movie is singular as in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' so I'd make the team name singular as in 'Raiders of the Lost Prime'.
I think that making it singular suggests we're looking for one or a few extremely large primes, while really we're looking for many small primes. I think the movie reference is definitely still there, and it doesn't make it sound awkward having it plural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
So will we need to change the ID on all of our machines? That is mine would become 'RaidersOfTheLostPrime_gdbarnes". Or would the beyind-the-scenes programs be able to figure out who goes to what team?
I'm pretty sure we should have to change our IDs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it'd be possible to hardcode our usernames to this team.
This makes me think of something else, though: are teams supposed to be counted on LLRnet only, or can my manual work be counted towards the team? If it's the former, I'll most likely have the lowest rank of anyone there (which I might just have anyway, even if it's the latter, since I only have two Athlon cores ).
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote