Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
If people wouldn't mind posting the approximate CPU time that it takes to complete a 3k-range and the CPU being used, that would help us in case we need to increase or decrease future file sizes. I kind of cringed when I saw some 25000 k/n pair files but I have to remember that the n-range is much lower and that is certainly the exception. But the average CPU time may be more like a drive 3 n=2K file at n=420K, the last one before we dropped the file size to n=1K.

There may be some 3k-ranges that have 2 very heavy-weight k's and we may want to post only a 2k-range for it or vice-versa for 2 very light-weight k's. The variability becomes greater as the k-values increase so shouldn't be as much of a problem for k<400.

Gary
Okay, I will. In the mean time, some statistics from what I've got so far:
I've reserved two ranges, one with ~12K candidates, and one with ~25K. At the current rate for the smaller file, it would be 3.26 days, but it will be slowing as n increases (currently at n=~135700 and ~30 seconds per candidate at 7K used FFT).
For the larger file, it's currently coming out to 4.82 days, but of course will slow as well (currently n=~124400, switching between ~20 and ~27 seconds with switching between 6K and 7K FFTs).
I think it's still too early to tell if the files are too large or not.

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2008-03-26 at 11:27
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote