View Single Post
Old 2020-03-19, 11:54   #218
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing

May 2005

11100011112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Can someone post the latest Windows version of srsieve2 here along with a README or other help file that shows how to use it ?

I would like to do some sieving on many k's for Riesel base 3. All are k > 25G.

Thank you.
1. Download mtsieve here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mtsieve/files/ (left click the file and choose open or save when asked by the browser)

2. Unzip or open folder and copy srsieve2 to your working folder

3. open cmd prompt as administrator or directly from the working folder using shift+right click on mouse and choose "open commandwindow"

4. type following in the new commandwindow:

srsieve2 -P (max sieve value) -w 10000000 (can be excluded but I have found on my quad that I'll run faster if I set w(orksize) to 10M primes compared to 1M primes as default per thread) -W (number of threads you want srsieve2 to use, it makes no sence to not set it to the amount of available threads) -n (min n value) -N (Max n value) -s (name of sequence file)

5. Hit enter and srsieve2 should start processing work at once

This will get you going from scratch

In case of problems, throw me a PM and I'll try to help you

Take care and stay safe.

If resume is nescesarily at any point, I think this will work:

srsieve2 -p (min sieve value to start from - may not be nescessary if using all threads) -P (max sieve value) -w 10000000 (can be excluded but I have found on my quad that I'll run faster if I set w(orksize) to 10M primes compared to 1M primes as default per thread) -W (number of threads you want srsieve2 to use, it makes no sence to not set it to the amount of available threads) -n (min n value) -N (Max n value) -i (name of output file created in point 5 or file created by srsieve or srfile that needs further sieving)
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote