ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2C1816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
http://www.gizmag.com/nec-medias-x-n...rtphone/27553/

For those of you who speculate about running GIMPS work without melting the phone. Now we just need a tiny, multi-KW-hour battery.
Demonstrating that once you perfect the leakproofness of liquid-filled heatpipes, convection bests conduction every time. Now to address your latter point, if one could kill 2 techno-birds with one stone by way of a liquid-battery technology which allows the entire battery to act as a convective heat pipe, that would be sweet.

Quote:
[OT]Sometimes I could swear that Xyzzy wrote the Spell Checker for Firefox. Suggestions for the description of the phone battery above include, "mulch-KW-hour" and "mufti-KW-hour".[/OT]
Might simply be a kind of "dyslexic Mondays" phenomenon - When I first viewed today's Reuters top story summary e-mail, I was startled and rather amused to read about Powerful tomatoes striking in four central U.S. states. "Statewide pasta sauce flooding expected" as a result, no doubt.

[Nothing funny about the actual properly spelled tornadic events, mind you - and looks like a real monster just hit Oklahoma.]

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2013-05-20 at 23:39
ewmayer is online now   Reply With Quote