View Single Post
Old 2015-08-06, 20:01   #1554
Zeta-Flux

May 2003

7×13×17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-E View Post
That's on the right lines, except that I don't think for a moment you support regimes where gay men and women live in constant fear of their lives and/or their freedom, and nor do I expect anyone else to believe that about you. (If anyone does they should read through a sample of your many posts in this thread through the years.)
That's nice of you to say. But I still have doubts, given what people have ascribed to me earlier in this thread. It gets a little frustrating when people jump to some seriously ridiculous conclusions about my position.

Quote:
The point I was hinting at was that the people in the Dutch article are being themselves, being proud to be themselves, loving who they love, and forming their family in the way that will provide a loving and stable environment for their child.
I have no doubt that this is what you and those 5 believe. However, I do not believe there is any evidence that their family structure is prone to stability and would indeed argue to the contrary. But as that is beside my point let me refocus on what my point is, by asking a couple important questions.

Would that first article have been published by the editors on pinknews if those 5 people were "being themselves" in unsuccessful marriages? Would you have posted it if it talked about how they were currently in a legal battle for the parental rights of the unborn child?

Propaganda is about more than the story, it is also about how, why, and by whom a story is being used.

This set of 5 people was not a randomly chosen set of 5 people "being themselves, being proud to be themselves" in homosexual polyamorous relations.

Quote:
And the people in Uganda who are braving their oppressive society by organising Pride with the slogan "We are family" are attempting to do exactly the same thing. The article about the Dutch five-parent family is no more propaganda than the article about Ugandan Pride is.
That depends entirely on how the two articles are being used, doesn't it?

Last fiddled with by Zeta-Flux on 2015-08-06 at 20:03
Zeta-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote