View Single Post
Old 2009-07-27, 23:58   #7
lfm

Jul 2006
Calgary

52·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm running Prime 95 under wine in Ubuntu 9.04, running two workers on a dual core machine. after a HD upgrade i reinstalled prime 95 from a tar.gz and it extracted to my desktop. i didn't like the folder there so i used [mv /desktop/username/p95v259 ~/.wine/C:/Program\ Files/] to move the folder. and it's still running but i think the path of the save files is now wrong because every three or so GUI outputs in the workers i get "error writing intermediate file p01XXXXX" where the X's are the last digits of the exponent being tested. i'm merely comfortable with linux, not an expert but any help in getting this problem solved would be appriciated
You probably have a permission problem on the directory path such that you do not have write access to the directory in "Program files" that you created. Try something like "chmod a+rwx ~/.wine/C:/Program\ Files/p95v259". If that works you might want to refine it a bit for better security but if you are the only one on the machine it should be OK.
lfm is offline   Reply With Quote