View Single Post
Old 2004-05-16, 19:58   #45
PrimeCruncher

Sep 2003
Borg HQ, Delta Quadrant

2BE16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro
To be perfectly honest I don't give a flying f*** what you think about me. It's my name in the record books not yours.

As to your second point, you started this "I can't wait to work it out" BEFORE George made any confirmation or otherwise.

Guess we were just lucky you didn't work out the last "find" and blurt out some premature announcement aren't we.

By the way you can't "do what you want", when you download and use the software you agree to abide by certain conditions. Don't like them, take your time elsewhere, you won't be missed.
First off, why do I care if your name is in a record book? Your computer found a Mersenne prime. Big whoop. You didn't do the calculations and the assignment of exponents is pretty much random. It could've been someone else just as easily.

As to YOUR second point, I like a challenge. And I've been curious to see whether I'm up to the challenge. Looks like I am this go round.

Third point: As if. I know the procedure around here, that's why the guess is encrypted. Duh.

Fourth: What software? You mean Prime95? I don't see how that factors into a data analysis.

Fifth: for this board and all others: obnoxious attitude not required.