View Single Post
Old 2010-12-06, 20:38   #3
ltd

Apr 2003

22×193 Posts

Plan at the moment is to stop all services on 15.12 at around 10:00 CET.
After that another full backup and an export of the DB will take place. So I would recommend that everybody gets enough work for around 4 days.
I hope to have the servers responsive in less than 2 days but who knows what happens.

Plan for the setup is as follows.

1. Install everything to let prpnet 4.x run.
2. Import the DB.
3. Get the old prpnet 2.7.x up again.
4. Try to run the old llrnet servers.
5. reactivate the stats transfer for the different (old) server
6. reactivate the different PHP scripts ( sieve result import. Stats generation)
7. create statistic transfer modules for the new PRPnet servers

Two attention points:

1. After the 15.12 even if the sieve submission page seems to be available please do not import anything before I give a go here in the forum. The sieve import is directly linked to the db without any additional save files. So if I am forced to re import the DB all factors send in during that time would be lost. There is no problem with results for the prpnet server as they work with some additional result files which I can import without any problems.
2. Getting the statistics to run has a very low priority. (Highest prio is getting work out to the clients) But don't panic. It might take some days before all stats are active but every result will be counted. In the worst case it will be counted for the wrong day.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote