View Single Post
Old 2020-12-11, 16:12   #1
ThomRuley

May 2003

23·31 Posts
Default OPN Library website

I have a class project coming up for school, and part of that project will be to create a website. After discussing with my advisor, this has become a great opportunity to get my planned odd perfect number bibliography/library up and running.

My overall vision for the website would be a location where anyone working on the odd perfect number conjecture would be able to access previously published materials relating to the conjecture or to closely related topics. The "library" would be the first part of the website. Later on, a discussion forum and one or more DC projects may be added to this web presence.

First, I would like to start with the library section:
As the anticipated primary users of an OPN library, mathematicians and other interested researchers are the stakeholders in this, to use project management language. While I have a tentative plan for the library, it would not make sense to charge ahead without some feedback from the mathematics community and other stakeholders in this project

1. Bibliography formatting - how important would it be to use AMS vs. APA formatting for the bibliographic entries?
2. Obviously the research articles and other materials directly relating to the OPN conjecture would form the backbone of the library. How helpful would it be to include the works cited by these OPN papers?
3. What closely related topics would be particularly helpful to include?
4. If you have anything else to add to this, let me know.

Thank you in advance for your feedback
ThomRuley is offline   Reply With Quote