View Single Post
Old 2007-06-26, 08:19   #4
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5,087 Posts
Default Combined list with testing limit included

Citrix,

Actually, k=1 to 600 have been searched enough since that's how far the Proth search site goes up to and so is how far up I matched the site with ours.

I wasn't able to do any more testing yet but I combined your list with mine and added the value of n that each k has been tested through. Of course all of yours are 250. I also added odd k's divisbile by 3 (i.e. k=3 mod 6) up to k < 1000 where no twins were found and showed (none) by them. People might like to test those with a little more vigor in the future. I suspect there will be plenty of k's that have no twin primes found. It will be interesting to see if the lowest value of k=3 mod 6 where there are no twins really turns out to be k=111 like it is now. It has technically been tested to n=350K.

I should be able to extend the search for k > 600 a little on Tuesday sometime. Thanks for your help so far. This might turn out to be an interesting effort and could give us a good base to work from if we wish to find somewhat large triplets, quadruplets, 5-tuples, etc. in the future.

My changes are attached.

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: txt twin primes match.txt (24.7 KB, 349 views)

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2007-06-26 at 08:22
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote