VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

52×173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
:O

Did you do well? How was it? Did you watch the main event while you were at it or is that not how that works?
The main event is a couple weeks away, but other than timing that is exactly how it works. Walkways run down the middle both vertically and horizontally in the tournament room, and are open to the public. I didn't happen to go to the Rio this trip, as I chose limit holdem for this trip and all the limit games were at Bellagio. I've gone this time of year for ~10 years, and taking in the enormity of 200 poker tables in one room at the Rio is awe-inspiring.

I played mostly $9/18 this trip, and had one of my worst results in Vegas at -$500 or so. I'm a bit out of practice, so I decided not to play my former "usual" game of $20/40.

Mr Waltos-
Badugi!? I'd like a tournament of that, as I only know the fundamentals of the game so I'm still a little uncomfortable with it in mixed games. Playing a weird tourney like that really helps with seeing how others handle unusual spots and strengthening a strategic grasp of a new game.

I've played a WSOP Stud-8 event, which was an expensive way to discover that crushing local $4/8 and small tournies in a game is a false sense of skill compared to people who actually know what they're doing. On the bright side, the tourney experience plus some study gave me the balls to play the 15/30 and 20/40 OE games in LA, which have been pretty profitable.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote