mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Msieve (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Post-Processing Fails at Cycle Optimization (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=18669)

wombatman 2013-10-11 21:19

Post-Processing Fails at Cycle Optimization
 
[CODE]Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 weight of 4401231 cycles is about 308463782 (70.09/cycle)
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 distribution of cycle lengths:
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 1 relations: 707738
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 2 relations: 587582
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 3 relations: 515398
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 4 relations: 434760
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 5 relations: 371133
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 6 relations: 309905
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 7 relations: 263835
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 8 relations: 222328
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 9 relations: 185425
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 10+ relations: 803127
Fri Oct 11 16:15:26 2013 heaviest cycle: 28 relations
Fri Oct 11 16:15:27 2013 commencing cycle optimization
failed to reallocate 163840000 bytes
Return value 0. Terminating...[/CODE]

Looking around for this error suggested that memory might be the case, but I watched the memory used and there was still nearly 4GB of RAM free. There are also a few hundred GB of disk space, so it's not that either.

This is using MSieve 1.52 SVN945 on Windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas?

Edit: The number is the cofactor of 11^238+5^238 (C149, SNFS difficulty = 213). I've done a C142 myself, so unless I was right at the edge of something, I don't know why this would fail.
Edit 2: Using the 1.51 official version from Jeff Gilchrist's site (the 64 bit i7/i5 one) works.

jasonp 2013-10-12 02:01

No idea why v1.52 wouldn't work; the changes in the latest SVN should have nothing to do with the filtering. I wonder if your current binary has some kind of 32-bit limit even if your system does not...

wombatman 2013-10-12 03:00

Yeah, it's a 32-bit file. However, I tried the 64-bit versions from Jeff's page (SVN 942 and SVN 939). Both of them throw errors on the actual linear algebra:

[CODE]lanczos error: submatrix is not invertiblemensions (0.0%, ETA 14h39m)

lanczos halted after 5 iterations (dim = 250)
linear algebra failed; retrying...[/CODE]

I'm going to try rebuilding a 64-bit version from the latest SVN.

Edit: And now I'm reminded why I didn't have a 64-bit version yet...errors at the literal last step of compiling about not being able to find correct calls to a couple of GMP-based functions. In the meantime, using the 1.51 version that works.

wombatman 2013-10-12 04:51

Well, some fiddling around and not including ECM=1 in the build, and I have a successfully working V1.52 SVN945 64-bit version of Msieve. I guess I screwed up the previous build. It's lovely to watch the expected completion time drop from 34 hours to 13.5 hours.

Now to try and get a version with ECM built into it...


All times are UTC. The time now is 15:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.