mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Factoring (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How to report results with factor5 (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=27169)

birtwistlecaleb 2021-09-29 01:52

How to report results with factor5

1 Attachment(s)
I got a factor for the exponent "M9,999,999,943 using Factor5. (Seen in the image below) And I want to know how to report the results. Can someone help me?

birtwistlecaleb 2021-09-29 03:08

Edit: I found out, you turn the result into an mfakto line with this format.

[SIZE="5"]No factor[/SIZE]
UID: (Your name (or a fake name))/(Your compid), no factor for M(exponent) from 2^(starting bitlevel) to 2^(ending bitlevel) [mfakto 0.15pre7-MGW cl_barret32_76_gs_2]
[SIZE="5"]Factor[/SIZE]
UID: (Your name (or a fake name))/(Your compid), M(exponent) has a factor: (factor) [TF:(starting bitlevel):(ending bitlevel):mfakto 0.15pre7-MGW cl_barret32_76_gs_2]
(add * at the end of the ending bitlevel before the colon if it was partially tested. This will give more credit in the exponent page)

Uncwilly 2021-09-29 14:40

[QUOTE=birtwistlecaleb;588954]Edit: I found out, you turn the result into an mfakto line with this format.[/QUOTE]Using the format is one thing, [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]but[/COLOR][/FONT] [U]don't fib about which program you used[/U]. If a program appears to be under reporting factors, there may be a problem with the program. Reporting results with a false program ID prevents the proper analysis of issues like this.

birtwistlecaleb 2021-10-02 12:43

[QUOTE=Uncwilly;588993]Using the format is one thing, [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]but[/COLOR][/FONT] [U]don't fib about which program you used[/U]. If a program appears to be under reporting factors, there may be a problem with the program. Reporting results with a false program ID prevents the proper analysis of issues like this.[/QUOTE]

Any way to fix that?

kriesel 2021-10-02 16:05

[QUOTE=Uncwilly;588993]Using the format is one thing, [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=Red]but[/COLOR][/FONT] [U]don't fib about which program you used[/U]. If a program appears to be under reporting factors, there may be a problem with the program. Reporting results with a false program ID prevents the proper analysis of issues like this.[/QUOTE]
Use the factor5 format for posting factor5 results.
If it doesn't work, contact James Heinrich by PM. He is very good about fixing things or identifying errors in submission attempts.

+p on don't forge (counterfeit, fake) results in any way. Among other things, it
distorts data that might be used to determine relative prevalence of use of the various applications,
creates a greater likelihood of manually introduced error into the result report,
misleads developers and administrators as to in which applications any observed errors occur,
etc.

And please don't use factor5. [URL="https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=26246"]Mfactor[/URL] is faster. Its reference thread contains multiple ready to go executables for Windows and Linux.
And please don't do routine factoring above 2^32, which is supported by mfakto and mfaktc, which are far faster, and there's plenty of work to do there, or even below 1G.

James Heinrich 2021-10-02 17:46

[QUOTE=birtwistlecaleb;589201]Any way to fix that?[/QUOTE]If you're trying to submit results and you think something isn't being accepted the way you think it should be (on either mersenne.ca or mersenne.org), please tell me about it

Factor5 results should be accepted on mersenne.ca as-is, although it's better if you prefix them with [c]UID: <username>/<comp>, [/c] so they're credited to you and not anonymously. Note that factor5 no-factor results are not accepted. Below 4G you should use mfaktx, above 4G you shouldn't really be working here. :smile:

[QUOTE=kriesel;589207][URL="https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=26246"]Mfactor[/URL] is faster.[/QUOTE]I'm not familiar with mfactor, if someone wants to send me a sample of both factor and no-factor results I would appreciate it.

kriesel 2021-10-02 21:03

[QUOTE=James Heinrich;589217]I'm not familiar with mfactor, if someone wants to send me a sample of both factor and no-factor results I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]Done, & will do another, and update the mfactor reference thread after doing a fresh install from download onward.

birtwistlecaleb 2021-10-12 04:12

I used factor5, but it also doesn't include the required end in results.

birtwistlecaleb 2021-10-12 20:18

*mfactor

James Heinrich 2021-10-12 20:26

[QUOTE=birtwistlecaleb;590209]I used factor5, but it also doesn't include the required end in results.
*mfactor[/QUOTE]I'm not sure if this is a question or not?
Are you still having trouble submitting results? If so, please post an example of what result you're trying to submit and to where.

birtwistlecaleb 2021-10-13 02:40

[QUOTE=James Heinrich;590315]I'm not sure if this is a question or not?
Are you still having trouble submitting results? If so, please post an example of what result you're trying to submit and to where.[/QUOTE]

Submitting a no factor result for 9999999967 from 63 to 75 to mersenne.ca (and 1 to 63)

James Heinrich 2021-10-13 02:47

[QUOTE=birtwistlecaleb;590361]Submitting a no factor result for 9999999967 from 63 to 75 to mersenne.ca (and 1 to 63)[/QUOTE]No-factor results are not accepted for exponents above 2[sup]32[/sup]. Factors are accepted since there's no reason not to accept them and they're easily validated, but users are [i]strongly[/i] discouraged from doing TF work above mfakt[i]x[/i] range.

kriesel 2021-10-13 03:46

1 Attachment(s)
[URL]https://www.mersenne.ca/bulk-factors.php[/URL]
And mfaktx range is p<2[SUP]32[/SUP], f<95 bits.