mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   NFSNET Discussion (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stats borked? (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=2865)

scottsaxman 2004-08-08 04:12

Stats borked?

So, today's stats are a lot closer to where they should be than yesterday's, but they are still not quite right. Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Scott

dleclair 2004-08-08 14:28

Hi,

There was a problem with last night's stats run and the web site stats were not updated. One of the files had a minor corruption that I fixed. I re-ran the stats all looks good now.

-Don Leclair

scottsaxman 2004-08-08 23:48

OK, looks good. Thanks!

scottsaxman 2004-08-15 15:17

^bump for borked stats!

xilman 2004-08-16 10:19

[QUOTE=scottsaxman]^bump for borked stats![/QUOTE]
I pinged Don about it yesterday. Perhaps he will be able to fix them when he's back in the office.

Paul

xilman 2004-08-16 11:43

[QUOTE=xilman]I pinged Don about it yesterday. Perhaps he will be able to fix them when he's back in the office.

Paul[/QUOTE]
I've just learned that Don is away on vacation this week. I'll see if I can get the stats working myself but I'm not as familiar with the process as Don and it may take me some time.

Paul

junky 2004-08-17 10:51

the important thing to care of is just to make sure the "real %" is still growing up :)
we still keep crunchin' and we'll continue for this week too. We'll have a surprise next week, woohoooo.

xilman 2004-08-18 19:59

[QUOTE=junky]the important thing to care of is just to make sure the "real %" is still growing up :)
we still keep crunchin' and we'll continue for this week too. We'll have a surprise next week, woohoooo.[/QUOTE]
I'm making progress on the stats front :smile:

There seems to be something wrong with the stats summary data on and about 13th August, though I'm damned if I can see anything wrong with the data. At the moment, (19:56 UTC) I'm adding stats data files one at a time and seeing what works. It appears that we are significantly over 90% completed. This summary, which is what the web page displays, tallies well with our analysis of the complete raw data.

As said earlier, the raw data is in good shape. It's the summary data which is munged into the web page display that has become curdled somehow. Once we find out exactly how it's curdled, we should be able to correct it.

Paul

xilman 2004-08-18 22:44

The stats now look to be in good shape. :smile:

The summary statistics file for 14th August had a few lines of junk in it, for reasons unknown. The junk has been removed and what's left in the summary file now tallies with the complete data.

Paul

scottsaxman 2004-08-18 23:56

Good work, Paul. Thanks for your efforts!

Looks like we are making good progress. :cool:

scottsaxman 2004-08-28 01:31

Maybe we're going so fast that the stats machine can't keep up!