mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mersenne prime related shirts and other items (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=1907)

adpowers 2003-11-20 01:03

Prime95 T-shirts

I thought having some Prime95 t-shirts would be a good way to spread the word about Prime95 and possibly raise some money next time we want to buy George a computer.

Thoughts?

My idea was a red t-shirt with a blue 2^P-1 over the left breast (like the Prime95 icon).

Andrew

Complex33 2003-11-20 04:49

Sign me up! :grin:

Don't forget the web address.

Prime Monster 2003-11-20 04:53

[QUOTE]
My idea was a red t-shirt with a blue 2^P-1 over the left breast (like the Prime95 icon).[/QUOTE]

Why don't you wait until you know the new prime (if validated), and use that instead of 2^P-1 ? :smile:

PM

ixfd64 2003-11-20 05:55

Cafepress.com.

Oh, and good luck trying to fit a multi-million digit number onto a t-shirt. :P

E_tron 2003-11-20 06:16

Put the new prime on there, like "2^20,41x,xxx-1 is Prime!"(Whatever it is. that is my guess)

ixfd64 2003-11-20 06:19

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E_tron [/i]
[B]Put the new prime on there, like "2^20,41x,xxx-1 is Prime!"(Whatever it is. that is my guess) [/B][/QUOTE]

Shoot, how dumb of me; I didn't even think of it.

*slaps himself*

TauCeti 2003-11-20 08:58

Re: Prime95 T-shirts

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by adpowers [/i]
[B]I thought having some Prime95 t-shirts would be a good way to spread the word about Prime95 and possibly raise some money next time we want to buy George a computer.
[/B][/QUOTE]

:w00t: I'd love it. Then a healthy competition between the PrimeShirts and my OpenBSDShirts will start :grin:

edorajh 2003-11-20 09:26

Great idea!

It don't have to be just one design. It can be several of them. I would love to have 2^P-1, and I think it should be t-shirt with this general Mersenne prime form. But it will be great to also have t-shirt with 40th Mersenne prime (of course in form 2^xxx-1). Maybe even one that have listed all 40 known Mersene primes at the back (or at the front side, whatever).

How about mugs and mouse pads? I know I would love to have them.

Also, one crazy idea that comes to my mind - I would love to have all decimal digits of #40 MP printed in one book. Title of that book could be 2^xxxx-1. We could also have books for other Mersenne primes. I know there are posters with those digits (which is also great), but book will be really something.

ET_ 2003-11-20 11:14

Why not a blue T-shirt with the red 2^p-1 logo and the known numbers on the back?

I'd love it!

And as I'm one of those who bought the poster with the 2M number, I'd love the book idea too :-P provided it wouldn't cost too much.

Luigi

edorajh 2003-11-20 11:25

[QUOTE]Why not a blue T-shirt with the red 2^p-1 logo and the known numbers on the back?[/QUOTE]

I'd love this combination, too!

BTW, (a bit off topic) can those posters still be bought? I find them on Perfectly Scientific web site, and I email them to ask are shiping costs included in price, but never got any response. So, I'm not sure sre they still in business?

cheesehead 2003-11-20 18:15

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ET_ [/i]
[B]Why not a blue T-shirt with the red 2^p-1 logo and the known numbers on the back?[/B][/QUOTE]
... or, on the back, just the ones discovered by GIMPS.