mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Mlucas (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Mlucas version 17 (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=22391)

ewmayer 2017-06-16 02:35

Mlucas version 17
 
[url]http://www.mersenneforum.org/mayer/README.html[/url]

ET_ 2017-06-16 12:07

3 Attachment(s)
Tried to compile on Odroid-C2 (Version 14.1 worked on Raspberry PI 3 32 bit).

Obviously I did not USE SSE2 or other Intel optimizations, but even using either the
[code]
gcc -c -O3 -DUSE_THREADS ../*.c >& build.log
[/code]

or the
[code]
gcc -c -O3 ../*.c >& build.log
[/code]

option, I had errors (see attachments).

I assumed the version was targeted to Intel/AMD platforms, and I know that optimization for ARM processors is next on your to-do list, so I'm not complaining :smile:.
I had some spare time and decided to give the code a try on my platform, that's all.

From a quick look I see that on line 783 of platform.h you ask
[code]
/* ARMv8 64 bit processors support native 64 bit types */
#elif(defined(__aarch64__))
[/code]
but a quick grep can't locate where the symbol should be defined (this line didn't appear on version 14.1, as the condition was driven by ARM_EABI). I guess it's a placeholder for a next version.

Anyway I also tried to compile the source on my Intel G2030 following the readme, with no success (see attached build_Intel-log).

Again,
[code]
../platform.h:1462:3: error: #else after #else
[/code]

I feel sorry and inapt for this job :sad: as it looks it's something related to myself and my computers, and not to the code. :smile:

Luigi

ewmayer 2017-06-17 02:49

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Luigi:

Thanks for the build attempts. On the Odroid, try this to dump the compiler/platform predefines:

gcc -dM -E - < /dev/null

I will look into the platform.h preprocessor-logic issue over the weekend - too tired today.

I started this thread in hopes we can get a small group of folks doing builds and bug reports, in hopes y'all can help each other out even if I'm not available.

[Later] OK, a bit of dinner and I had energy to look at the following error
[QUOTE=ET_;461353]
[code]
../platform.h:1462:3: error: #else after #else
[/code]

I feel sorry and inapt for this job :sad: as it looks it's something related to myself and my computers, and not to the code. :smile:[/QUOTE]
The platform.h bug is all on me - That was the last piece of code I fiddled with before cutting the release, and somehow I forgot to copy it from my src/dev-directory to the release-dir. New tarballs uploaded, but you can grab just that single file, attached below.

ET_ 2017-06-17 11:18

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you Ernst.

The new platform.h worked like a charm on my Intel platform.

Unfortunately, the odroid platform still has some glitches.

I'm a noob, but it looks like the imul_macro0.h header still lacks the correct detection for the long multiplication and squaring macros on the aarm64.

I attached the log of the builds with and without USE_THREADS.

Finally, the command

gcc -dM -E - < /dev/null

gives me the following message:

gcc: [COLOR="Red"]fatal error:[/COLOR] no input files
compilation terminated

HTH.

Luigi


All times are UTC. The time now is 02:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.