mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   No Prime Left Behind (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Team drive #2: k=400-1001 n=260K-333.2K (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9902)

em99010pepe 2008-02-11 21:29

Taking 263.6-264.0---should I take this?
and 265.2-268.0

em99010pepe 2008-02-11 21:38

322.6-322.8 done
322.8-323.0 done
323.2-323.4 done

gd_barnes 2008-02-11 21:44

[quote=em99010pepe;125543]Taking 263.6-264.0---should I take this?
and 265.2-268.0[/quote]

Yeah, go ahead. I haven't gotten a response to a PM that I sent to Jasong yet. It'll be easier if he just keeps the range he has.

I think it makes sense to adopt that policy in the future. If someone reserves something out of order, I'll just let them have it while others pick up the lower ranges. Of course I'll remind them to pick up the lowest range available in the future. As long as people aren't constantly reserving stuff out of order, it's easier than attempting to ask people to change reservations, especially if they've already started testing.

I'll edit my post in the other thread.

Gary

em99010pepe 2008-02-11 21:45

Thank you Gary. Also taking 263.6-264.0.

kar_bon 2008-02-12 03:10

taking 268.0 - 268.8 (4 files)

em99010pepe 2008-02-12 07:22

323.0-323.2 done.

henryzz 2008-02-12 07:32

[quote=gd_barnes;125545]Yeah, go ahead. I haven't gotten a response to a PM that I sent to Jasong yet. It'll be easier if he just keeps the range he has.

I think it makes sense to adopt that policy in the future. If someone reserves something out of order, I'll just let them have it while others pick up the lower ranges. Of course I'll remind them to pick up the lowest range available in the future. As long as people aren't constantly reserving stuff out of order, it's easier than attempting to ask people to change reservations, especially if they've already started testing.

I'll edit my post in the other thread.

Gary[/quote]
considering the confusion we caused here i can understand why u r saying that
lol:missingteeth:

em99010pepe 2008-02-12 07:49

Hey Henry, stop jumping...your avatar is very annoying...lol

gd_barnes 2008-02-12 16:31

[quote=henryzz;125580]considering the confusion we caused here i can understand why u r saying that
lol:missingteeth:[/quote]

I couldn't agree more after the 10 posts that we had! :grin:

[quote=em99010pepe;125581]Hey Henry, stop jumping...your avatar is very annoying...lol[/quote]

Yeah, Henry, you're eating my CPU cycles. :lol: Carlos, I assume you're aware you can hit the stop button on your browser, which will stop any avatar from moving and eating CPU cycles. I deleted my original avator, which I thought was kind of cool, because it had spinning gears. I finally realized that was a large part of what was slowing down LLR and srsieve when I was browsing here.

Gary

mdettweiler 2008-02-12 17:36

[quote=gd_barnes;125603]I couldn't agree more after the 10 posts that we had! :grin:

Yeah, Henry, you're eating my CPU cycles. :lol: Carlos, I assume you're aware you can hit the stop button on your browser, which will stop any avatar from moving and eating CPU cycles. I deleted my original avator, which I thought was kind of cool, because it had spinning gears. I finally realized that was a large part of what was slowing down LLR and srsieve when I was browsing here.

Gary[/quote]
I don't think the Stop button stops moving avatars. However, at least in Firefox, there's an option in the config editor that will let you stop all animated GIF files--thus halting the animated avatars.

I've found that on my new Core 2 Duo, the animated avatars hardly make a dent--even on the mersenneforum.org new-post-composition page, with all its animated smilies, the CPU meter gadget on my taskbar hardly registers it. Now back when I had my Pentium 4 3.2Ghz, that was a different story...

P.S.: There's another solution to animated avatars, which doesn't require you to turn off animated GIF's altogether, if you're using Firefox. Just search the [url=http://addons.mozilla.org]Mozilla.org Add-ons page[/url] for the "Nuke Anything" extension--it will let you right-click on any page object, and click "Remove This Object". Poof. It's gone until you reload the page. I use it to get rid of avatars that are especially CPU-consuming (some are more hungry than others; from the looks of it, Henry's is hardly one of the worst offenders), as well as all those banner ads that eat CPU time for breakfast. :smile:

gd_barnes 2008-02-12 19:18

[quote=Anonymous;125616]I don't think the Stop button stops moving avatars. However, at least in Firefox, there's an option in the config editor that will let you stop all animated GIF files--thus halting the animated avatars.

I've found that on my new Core 2 Duo, the animated avatars hardly make a dent--even on the mersenneforum.org new-post-composition page, with all its animated smilies, the CPU meter gadget on my taskbar hardly registers it. Now back when I had my Pentium 4 3.2Ghz, that was a different story...

P.S.: There's another solution to animated avatars, which doesn't require you to turn off animated GIF's altogether, if you're using Firefox. Just search the [URL="http://addons.mozilla.org"]Mozilla.org Add-ons page[/URL] for the "Nuke Anything" extension--it will let you right-click on any page object, and click "Remove This Object". Poof. It's gone until you reload the page. I use it to get rid of avatars that are especially CPU-consuming (some are more hungry than others; from the looks of it, Henry's is hardly one of the worst offenders), as well as all those banner ads that eat CPU time for breakfast. :smile:[/quote]

Hum...In I.E. 3.6 and 3.7, hitting 'stop' stops them cold. No movement at all. Even the little emoticons don't move. It works well.