mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Happy Holidays Thread (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=5204)

adpowers 2003-12-16 08:23

Give more money to good organizations (ACLU, EFF, etc.) or open source projects than to evil companies (RIAA, MPAA, etc.). (I'm currently doing it this year. However, I've been too lazy to donate look up the details of my Paypal account, but I will before years end).

Get a girlfriend (this will be the 4th year in a row that I've had this new year's resolution, but I am finally making progress!)

Get into the top 100 in GIMPS. I need to borg some more P4s.

Install Linux machine as internet/wireless router (actually, I might do that this year, I just picked up a PCI->PCMCIA adapter today at Fry's)

Okay, I think that is all,
Andrew

tom11784 2003-12-16 14:50

1) Figure out why my P4 is having hardware issues so it can do more than just TF its brain out

2) Get the 2.5 machines sitting here docile into 3 running machines crunching for GIMPS

3) Get good grades in school (which may cause conflict with 1,2)

4) Never again to go 72 hours without stepping outside for some fresh air again (I've done 100+)

ET_ 2003-12-16 15:09

1) Start again studying math at the University

2) change my job position (looking for some project management in information sciences)

3) Restart my musician career :innocent: as singer and sax player

Luigi

lycorn 2003-12-24 20:15

Merry Christmas!

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to all of the GIMPS road companions!
My best wish for 2004: that GIMPS will discover the 10M digit prime:cool:

edorajh 2003-12-25 10:21

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

My wish for 2004: may GIMPS find at least 2 new Mersenne primes. :grin:

Rastus 2003-12-29 09:50

New Years Resolutions

1. I will build a fast P4 machine and start testing 10M exponents.
2. I will hack my XBox and start doing double checks on it.
3. I will build an economy box for Mersenne-ary missions.

What are your Gimps related resolutions?

edorajh 2003-12-29 12:56

I will borg more machines for GIMPS (resistance is futile)

PrimeCruncher 2003-12-29 15:53

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by edorajh [/i]
[B]I will borg more machines for GIMPS (resistance is futile) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey! That's my line! That's what the Borg cube avatar is for. :grin:

Let's see here:
1. I will assimilate as many computers as possible.
2. I will finish my PrimeNet farm to do more crunching 24/7.
3. I will travel to the future, find out what the first 10M digit Mersenne prime is, test it, and claim $50,000 so I can enlarge my farm.

Hmm, well maybe not number 3. :lol:

edorajh 2003-12-29 15:58

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PrimeCruncher [/i]
[B]Hey! That's my line! That's what the Borg cube avatar is for. :grin:[/B][/QUOTE]

Your avatar is one of the best I saw and is my favorite! Every time I see it I envy you for that. :grin: So, that's why I take your line now and there. If I can't stole avatar, I'm satisfied with line. :wink:

PrimeCruncher 2003-12-29 16:11

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by edorajh [/i]
[B]Your avatar is one of the best I saw and is my favorite! Every time I see it I envy you for that. :grin: So, that's why I take your line now and there. If I can't stole avatar, I'm satisfied with line. :wink: [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks! I gotta say, I love it too. I think I got it from section31.com's screencaps section (unfortunately, the site is now defunct, along with stinsv.com which was the BEST for Star Trek pix and sound bytes :down:) and then downsized it with Irfanview. I really like the fact that it's the cool "Class 6 Tactical" cube, meaning it has the armor, which makes it look even more unstoppable. Must...resist...urge...to...laugh...evilly...

Xyzzy 2003-12-29 23:17

I've lost 40# since 4 OCT so I guess my resolution is to lose the remaining 60# I need to lose...

Maybe we should have a diet thread?

:cat: